Friday, October 29, 2010

Cupcakes

Where I'm from in Massachusetts, we only celebrate Columbus day, no state holidays. This whole Nevada day thing is new to me.

I found Caitlin, the first Mormon I've ever met in my life, making cupcakes in the kitchen.


Caitlin, the cupcakes do smell good! Why do they have blue frosting and silver sprinkles? Is it a Brigham Young University thing?


"Oh no," said Caitlin. "Blue and silver are the state colors of Nevada." Then she went back to doing the dishes, which there were a ton of.


"Hey, Caitlin, what is with this marbled cupcake? Its the only one there is, the rest are all chocolate and vanilla," I said.


"That cupcake is for someone special. You'll see." said Caitlin, being cryptic.


I offered to help Caitlin do the dishes. There were so many of them, and it is awfully nice of her to make the food for our party tomorrow.


The two of us worked together to get the cupcakes done and the kitchen all cleaned up. When that was all done, I couldn't help it, I had to ask again. "So, Caitlin, who is that marbled cupcake for?" Caitlin laughed. "You'll see, Lanie, you'll see."


When we got done there were nine cupcakes in all. Tomorrow I get to find out what this Nevada day thing is all about, since Monica, Ellie and Caitlin are throwing a party. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Mormon!! Cute post. :) The cupcakes look yummy! Great blog!

    ~*Emma and her dolls*~

    ReplyDelete